f

Monday, February 6, 2017

Monday Morning Inspiration/Not Your Grandmother's Lace Part 2

Last Friday I received an email from Mood Fabrics showcasing a piece of red lace and a red polka dotted tulle. The dress below was the inspiration piece, and I was in love. If you are wondering...yep, I bought the fabric!!! HERE'S a link to the lace, and HERE's a link to the polka dot tulle. After all, misery loves company :)

I really don't care for the top of the dress, but I love the skirt. As it turns out, this is a piece from Valentino's 2017 Resort Collection, so I just had to take a look. What I found were some really beautiful lace pieces.    


I wouldn't wear the skirt without a slip or lining, but I think it's really pretty.


Another beautiful piece, and it looks wonderful paired with the coat.



Here again, I need a lining, but I do like the dress. The collection gains its inspiration from Cuba.



Love this little top below and the lace insets in the skirt.


The embroidered tulle is amazing.


Not a fan of a sheer dress, but I do like the print of the lace paired with the jacket.


Look at this amazing piece of lace!


Love the fitted lace top paired with the full skirt.


There are a number of pieces in the collection that have a wonderful tribal feel. 


Check out this amazing embroidered tulle skirt.


If you have a lot of lace strips that you don't know what to do with, combine them and make a circular skirt!



All of the pieces above are from the Valentino 2017 Resort Collection. By all means check it out. I only pulled out the lace pieces. There are some beautifully draped pieces in the collection as well. You can see the entire collection HERE at Vogue.com

The pieces below are also rather interesting. They are from the Red Valentino 2017 Resort Collection. It has a similar, but then again quite different feel.






The Haute Couture Club of Chicago will have a lace challenge at our March meeting. I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone creates. 

As it turns out, lace is HUGE for resort as well as spring this year. I can't wait for my lace and tulle to arrive!

Have a wonderful week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty and inspiring for all my mesh fabric in the stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love this collection. I'll be sure to post my new mesh once it arrives. Sounds like you have plenty 😉

      Delete
  2. Lovely inspiration. Thanks, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bunny. I thought it was all so pretty 😊

      Delete
  3. So pretty and God bless Valentino for that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awfully pretty!
      So nice to hear from you Gail 😊

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see what you make with the lace !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are absolutely stunning designs. I would definitely be too chicken to wear without something underneath either. The lace and tulle are stunning. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little sheer, like at the bottom of a skirt is fine, but not the entire piece!!! I am chomping at the bit for the fabric though. Can't wait for it to arrive. I have the pretty red slip I made for the Sew News Sew Chic Valentine's Slip sew along to wear under whatever I make. So I'm all set in the modesty department 😊

      Delete