f

Friday, October 23, 2015

Fabulous Free Pattern Friday Rewind

In the upcoming weeks, I will be doing a little repeat work on a number of Fabulous Free Pattern Friday pieces. You may remember the Wrapped In Circles jacket I did a little over a year ago. The fabric that I used was double faced, so it made the project really easy. But what if you don't have a double faced fabric and you would still like to do the jacket? 
Use 2 fabrics!
I really liked how the piece turned out. 
If you are going to use 2 fabrics, there is a little catch. Remember that a portion of the circle hangs on the bias, and bias stretches and grows. It can be very tempting to just cut, sew and go, but in the end, you'll be sorry that you did. Cut the 2 circles and then allow them to hang for at least 24 hours. You can see below how much the crepe grew. 
You can find the instructions for the Wrapped In Circles Jacket HERE. It's a great piece to have in your wardrobe as a between seasons jacket. Just enough to keep your shoulders warm and adds a nice little spark to an outfit too.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

17 comments:

  1. This will be one of projects for my upcoming sewing retreat!!!!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy. You'll have time for other things as well. Have fun!

      Delete
  2. Love the stripes! I must find time (and some stash fabric) to try this vest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an intriguing jacket. I love your fabric combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the versatility the stripes give the jacket. What a great casual piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful jacket. I love the stripes. It looks very cozy and glamorous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rhonda!
    I LOVE it when you model your outfits. You look so amazing in everything! Are you tall?
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy :)
      I'm not so tall, 5'6"
      My mom did some type of equation when I was a baby and it said that I would be 5'10". I didn't quite make it :(

      Delete
  7. I had a coat just like this in the 90's, a burda pattern. I wore it constantly while pregnant, then later when I carried my son in a carrier, it would wrap around him too. Lovely design☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever and just cuteness, very wearable piece for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting this, I missed it first time around!
    Looking forward to making this up.
    I rather like the glamorous evening version Rhonda, you look fabulous in the cosy one; great for autumn walks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am so making this week Rhonda. Florida morning are cool and my office is cold, so this would add a wonderful little something for my shoulders in the morning. You are amazing and thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't resist making this! So fun and just the thing to keep my shoulders warm.
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete